Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The New and the Old




It being Dec 31st you can't help but think of the old year you have left behind and the new one that is ahead. I have decided at least for awhile that I will make two post one about an old project and then one about a new project I am working on. If all go well you will see the cane grow from concept to completion. That's a little scary for me because what do I do if my cane turns out a complete bust? Well...hopefully we will all learn from my mistakes.

Ok now for the old. Here is a picture of my second face cane. I was trying to get a little more depth with shading around the jaw line and under the folds over her dress. I was pleased with the way she came out. I had intended to cut her away from the scrap clay I used when I packed the cane but I later decided I liked the look. Or maybe I was just lazy. You will find out as you get to know me that I am not great at finishing pieces. I like the creation of the canes but then I don't know what to do with them.

2 comments:

  1. Bonjour
    je viens tout juste de découvrir vos créations .... c'est somptueux !
    j'aime aussi réaliser les canes visages et je trouve que c'est ce qu'il y a de plus intéressant ...
    je ne manquerais pas de revenir vous rendre visite !
    bonne continuation a bientot

    ReplyDelete